SC Youth Soccer Rules & Compliance Committee Report - June 2010
I. Issues - Actions of Rules & Compliance Committee, since last B.O.D. Meeting;
1. Conflict of Interest Policy discussed & reviewed:
a. SC Youth Soccer B.O.D. read policy
b. SC Youth Soccer B.O.D. sign policy, again, and list all conflicts
c. All SC Youth Soccer District cabinets read and sign policy
d. All SC Youth Soccer staff members read and sign policy
e. All SC Youth Soccer committee members read and sign policy
f. SC Youth Soccer V.P. receives all signed policy statements
g. Policy conflicts will be immediately reviewed by: Risk Mgmt Committee, or Rules &
h. All "approved" policy conflicts (above item #g) will be approved by B.O.D. at the next
scheduled B.O.D. Meeting
behavior statement by all GSSA ODP coaches, trainers, administrators, &
volunteers; reviewed & given to SC Youth Soccer ODP Administrator for creating similar
Held committee meeting, 5/1/10, at
(1) Pee Dee Soccer Association bylaws, edited & ok'd
(2) SCYSA Generic Bylaws, edited & ok'd
(3) Conflict of Interest policy, reviewed numerous policies;
agreed to keep current approved policy for B.O.D.
(4) BOD Fiduciary Policy, reviewed & ok'd
(5) Document Retention Policy, discussed; need more info
(6) Whistle Blower Protection Policy, discussed; " " "
(7) Non-usage of electronic devices in B.O.D. mtgs, discussed and need more info
(8) Rule #25-Recruiting, will discuss 5/12, after more review of proposed changes
(9) Bylaw #406 - modification, reviewed amendment received
(10) CFC "Bring A Friend" program, discussed & edits provided by Jane Simmons,
(11) SCYSA Leagues' field requirements for all clubs, discussed
(12) Paul Benik letter to Steve Ballentine, discussed
(13) NOTE - no paperwork received to date, 5/1/10, for "new SCYSA Clubs:
SC United ; SC Rush
(14) Advised Cups & Games Director not to approve tourneys for new clubs, or name-
change clubs, until SCYSA B.O.D. Mtg approvals on 6/6/10
(15) Discussed Cups & Games - violations, pg 88,item 6, #5
(16) Coastal District Commissioner to set new meeting date, with 30-day notice to
District members, because of not having quorum at scheduled meeting
(17) Review violation of USYSA/USSF suspension by Clark Brisson; we want
Michele B. Jenkins & Steve Ballentine to notify USSF to extend his suspension
time, based upon info received and documented
(18) Review Notice of Complaint-Rob Strickland that was rcvd
4. Review clarification of
Academy, East Mecklenburg,
6. Discussed USSF Developmental Academy with ODP Administrator
7. Discussed LCSC query about "alledged" recruiting violation by CUFC,
Chris Fryland, with Helmut Tissler,
8. Previewed two Upstate camp program and/or league program; provided
info to V.P. and Piedmont District Commissioner, so that the participants
would know that these programs are SCYSA insured activities
9. SC High School League - proposed soccer programs to be "privatized"
due to SC economy and statewide school budget cutbacks and run by
SCYSA; proposed to Don Mikell, Cups & Games Director.
10. Discussed with Mary Bynum & Van Taylor about 6 - B-ODP players, that are also registered with the USSF Developmental Academy; therefore, they cannot participate with SCYSA ODP team, due to their USSF registration; They take-up the space of other B-ODP pool players, who should be allowed to participate with SCYSA B-ODP.
11.Discussed possible DSC violation of SCYSA recruiting policy rules with the Carolina Select registrar; referred the Carolina Select registrar to Sharon Bieber, Midstate District Commissioner.
DSC President with SCYSA Notice of
Complaint form, due to new area soccer club's mistatements
info to CFC that might be shared with
14.Discussed NC & SC tryout rules with State Registrar for Carolina Select Soccer Club
15. Referred to U6 match report by AYSO-Spartanburg to a
16. Reviewed Red Card Tracking Procedure with Mount Pleasant Soccer Club coach, Kian Brownlee
17. Reviewed Tryout Dates for U13, with Mount Pleasant Soccer Club coach, Kian Brownlee
19. Distributed 3/27/10 to SCYSA B.O.D.: 2-PowerPoints from Dr Tom Turner, Chairman, National Coaching Committee: (a) National League-series, long & short range changes;(b) Revamp & long range overhaul of US Youth Soccer's registrations, clubs, and ODP programs, for future USYSA.
20. Provided player suspension served info to Mt Pleasant Soccer Club coach, Kian Brownlee.
21. Reviewed status of Robert Jackson, Spartanburg Arsenal FC.
22. Reviewed revised Rules C-2b & C-2d with Cups & Games Director
23. Discussed / plan possible meeting opportunity with AYSO-Spartanburg and CFC
24. Assisted with & promoted U10 PDP
25. Reviewed possible involvement for SCYSA with Upward Soccer Sports League, with Piedmont District Commissioner & Director of Coaching Education
26. Assisted with SCYSA Survey for Steve Ballentine, M.B.Jenkins, & Don Mikell, with Doug Gaddis, Van Taylor, and Bonnie Apperson.
27. Discussed possible new Midstate District soccer club, with Gene A. Wilson, 803.467.2271.
II. ByLaws Reviewed & edited for SCYSA B.O.D. Approval 6/6/10:
1. GENERIC SCYSA Bylaws (edited 5/14/10)
2. Piedmont District::
3. Midstate District:
(1) SandLapper League
(2) West Metro Soccer Club #225 (formerly Pineview/Pinegrove)
(3) SC United FC #208 (formerly Columbia United FC)
(4) SC Rush (note: Need Affiliation Form)
(5) Palmetto United Futbol
4. Coastal District:
(1) Summerville Soccer Club #310
(2) SC United-Mount Pleasant (formerly Mt Pleasant Soccer Club)
NOTE: Rules & Compliance Committee will email edited bylaws set of each above listed club and/or league to their specific District Commissioner for handling of required edits. The edited set of bylaws will be transmitted to the State Registrar, State Office, and Rules & Compliance by 8/1/10.