TO BECOME A NEW CLUB
1) Complete a SC Youth Soccer Affiliation Form (all three pages).
3) Send the completed Affiliation Form and Bylaws to SC Youth Soccer.
4) Certify a club registrar (Registrar Workshops are posted on the SC Youth Soccer website.)
Club bylaws and affiliation forms will be reviewed by the Rules & Compliance Committee and approved or denied by the SC Youth Soccer Board of Directors.
NEW CLUB INFORMATION
1) The club president must attend the President’s Workshop. This is a mandatory meeting with fines associated for noncompliance. This meeting is always held the first Saturday in August. Further information can be found on this website under SCYS Workshop.
2) All U7 and older age group coaches must have a coaching certificate or license. There is a one seasonal year grace period to become licensed if a coach has never coached for SC Youth Soccer before.
3) All coaches/managers/board members/volunteers must have a background check completed.
4) Fees for registration vary and can be found on the website under Administrative/Forms/Registrar Forms/SCYS Fee Sheet.
5) 60/40 Rule New associations containing competitive teams
(challenge and/or classic/academy), applying for membership into
SCYSA must have a “60/40” split between recreation players and
competitive players upon making application. Sixty percent (60%)
of the players must be recreation, while no more than
forty percent (40%) may be competitive. This applies to all
Clubs applying for affiliation after the 2011-12 seasonal year.
Any current member Club (2011-12) that either fails to maintain
“good standing” or interrupts its membership by failing to re-
affiliate in the future will be treated as a “new” club or
organization and the 60/40 rule will apply.
For further information contact the State Office:
Phone: 803-749-4353 firstname.lastname@example.org
SC YOUTH SOCCER
- NON-PROFIT 501C –3 ORGANIZATION
- ESTABLISHED 1977
- 20,000 PLAYERS / 3,000 COACHES & VOLUNTEERS
- VOLUNTEER BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- PAID STAFF – 1 FULL TIME / 2 PART TIME
- LARGEST YOUTH SOCCER ORGANIZATION IN THE COUNTRY WITH APPROXIMATELY 3 MILLION REGISTERED MEMBERS
- MEMBERS ENTITLED TO RESOURSES AND PRIVILIDGES
SC YOUTH SOCCER PROGRAMS
RISK MANAGEMENT – PROMOTE SAFETY / WELL-BEING OF MEMBERS
- VOLUNTEER DISCLOSURES / CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- COACHES / ADMIN. / REFEREES OVER 18 YR. OLD
- NATIONAL CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK / NATIONAL SEX OFFENDERS REGISTRY CHECK
- ESTABLISHED MINIMUM GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
- HEARINGS AND DUE PROCESS FOR ANY ACCUSED
- SOCCER GOAL ACCIDENT PREVENTION
- ALL GOALS PROPERLY INSPECTED AND ANCHORED
- FIELD / FACILITY SAFETY GUIDELINES
- MEDICAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COVERS ALL REGISTERED PLAYERS / COACHES
- COVERAGE FOR ALL SANCTIONED EVENTS
- SECONDARY POLICY OR PRIMARY IF NONE AVAILABLE
- $1000 DEDUCTABLE PER OCCURANCE
- GENERAL LIABLITY INSURANCE
- 2 MILLION DOLLAR COVERABE LIMITS
- COVERAGE FOR ALL AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS
- DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS INSURANCE
- 5 MILLION DOLLAR COVERAGE LIMITS
- COVERAGE FOR ALL AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS
CUPS & GAMES
- PROVIDE SEASONAL LEAGUE COMPETITIONS FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS OF PLAY
- RECREATIONAL – LOCAL COMP.
- ACADEMY - LOCAL & STATEWIDE LEAGUES
- CLASSIC – LOCAL & STATEWIDE LEAGUES
- CHALLENGE – STATEWIDE & REGIONAL LEAGUES
- YEAR END TOURNAMENTS TO DETERMINE CHAMPIONS AT ALL LEVELS OF COMPETITION
- KOHLS AMERICAN CUP – REC.
- PUBLIX RECREATION CUP - REC.
- PALMETTO JUNIOR ACADEMY CUP - JUNIOR ACADEMY
- OPEN CUP - CLASSIC 2
- PRESIDENTS MEDAL STATE CUP – CLASSIC I WINNERS ADV. TO REGIONAL/NATIONAL COMPETIONS
- BOB BRANTLEY STATECUP – CHALLENGE/PREMIER WINNERS ADVANCE TO REGIONAL/NATIONAL COMPETITIONS
- TOURNAMENT HOSTING – FUND RAISING OPPORTUNITY
- MEMBER CLUBS ALLOWED TO HOST LOCAL TOURNAMENTS AND INVITE OTHER SCYS / USYS MEMBERS TO ATTEND.
- MANDATORY LICENSE AND TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR ALL SC YOUTH SOCCER COACHES UNDER THE DIRECTION OF GREG VALLEE, SC YOUTH SOCCER DIRECTOR OF COACHING EDUCATION
- SCYSA RECOGNIZED THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING QUALIFIED COACHES IN ALL OUR PROGRAMS
- ESSENTIAL - GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF PLAYERS
- LICENSE REQUIREMENTS BASED ON TEAMS LEVEL OF COMPETITION
OLYMPIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM - ODP
- TRYOUT PROCESS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS FOR PLACEMENT ON THE MOST COMPETITIVE TEAMS TO COMPETE – REG. – NAT.
- USSF CERTIFIED REFEREES REQUIRED FOR ALL MATCHES
- CERTIFIED REFEREE ASSIGNOR REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE ALL REFEREES
WHY SC YOUTH SOCCER
Why join SC Youth Soccer and what are the benefits of being a member of this organization? It’s a good question and I believe it would be fair to say that most players (parent) or coaches don’t’ know very much about SC Youth Soccer. I want to take this opportunity and try to answer this question…….. WHY SC YOUTH SOCCER?
SC Youth Soccer is a member in good standing of the US Youth Soccer Association the nations largest youth soccer organization with over three million registered players. As an affiliate of US Youth Soccer we are governed by their rules and bylaws and entitled to participate in their programs.
As the governing body for US Youth Soccer in South Carolina, SC Youth Soccer is administered by a 13 member Board of Directors. The Board of Directors are all volunteers who manage the affairs and programs of SC Youth Soccer. SC Youth Soccer also has a small staff of employees consisting of an Executive Director, a Director of Coaching Education, an administrative assistant, an office manager, and two interns.
This dedicated group of Directors and staff work together to provide members of SC Youth Soccer with structured youth soccer programs that are “second to none” as described in the paragraphs below.
SC Youth Soccer Risk Management
One of our primary responsibilities is to the safety and well-being of our members. The SC Youth Soccer Risk Management Program provides for this, with mandatory criminal background checks on all of our coaches, volunteers, referees and administrators over 18 years of age. We are trying to ensure that everyone who comes in constant contact with our youth players has been properly screened and present no potential danger or unnecessary risk to our members.
Our Risk Management Program also provides for the save and proper management of all soccer fields and portable soccer goals. Each club is advised and instructed on how to keep their facilities safe and their portables soccer goals properly anchored.
SC Youth Soccer provides a medical accident policy to our members for their protection while participating at affiliated events. This is a secondary insurance policy which acts as primary coverage if there is none. SC Youth Soccer also provides a general liability insurance policy which covers accidents to spectators or visitors while attending sanctioned events of SC Youth Soccer.
In addition, SC Youth Soccer provides to our member associations a Directors and Officers insurance policy to protect board members in the event lawsuits should arise from decisions made by their board of directors.
SC Youth Soccer Cups and Games
The SC Youth Soccer “Cups and Games Program” offers structured levels of league competition for all players with our recreation and classic divisions of play. Depending on the player’s age, skill level and competitive desire, SC Youth Soccer has a program to fit their needs. Several SC Youth Soccer clubs within the state also off “TopSoccer” programs designed to allow children with physical disabilities to participate in a structured soccer program.
SC Youth Soccer Cups provide a year-end event to complete the season for determining cup champions and qualifying teams for Regional and National competitions. The Kohl's American Cup, Publix Recreation Cup, Publix Palmetto Junior Academy Cup, and Publix Open Cup complete the season for all recreational, junior academy and classic 1/2 teams wishing to compete. The Publix Presidents Medal State Cup and the Publix Bob Brantley Challenge State Cup events complete the season for all classic I, challenge and premier teams.
The Publix Presidents Medal State Cup winners are qualified to advance to the Region III President’s Cup to compete for a regional title and a chance to compete in the National President's Cup Championship. Publix Bob Brantley Challenge State Cup championship teams will advance to the Southern Regional Tournament to contend for the Region III championship and a chance to compete in the US Youth Soccer National Championship Tournament. This tournament is youth soccer’s most prestigious event with teams from all over the country competing for the national championship.
SC Youth Soccer also provides the opportunity for our member associations to host US Youth Soccer sanctioned tournaments. These tournaments not only allow a venue for teams to compete against teams they would not see during their regular league season, but they also provide a wonderful opportunity for the “hosting club” to generate income for themselves and their surrounding communities.
SC Youth Soccer ODP
This program, open to all registered SC Youth Soccer players, is designed for players to “try-out”, compete and be recognized for their skills as they content for positions on state and regional teams. Those players selected to advance will compete and train with the best players in the country as they develop their skills.
Each year SC Youth Soccer ODP teams attend Regional camps and competitions where US Youth Soccer Regional and National team coaches evaluate their performance and select those players qualified to advance.
SC Youth Soccer Coaching Education
SC Youth Soccer has developed a mandatory coaching license program for all SC Youth Soccer coaches. Age appropriate coach licenses and module certificates are now required for all SC Youth Soccer coaches, in an effort to have qualified instructors at all levels for our players.
Greg Vallee, SC Youth Soccer Director of Coaching Education, supervises and coordinates a team of qualified instructors to provide this training and licensing on a regular basis. Recognizing the importance of having qualified coaches for all SC Youth Soccer players, we believe this mandatory licensing requirement is essential for the growth and development of our players.
WHY SC YOUTH SOCCER
Outlined above are just some of the programs and services “WHY SC YOUTH SOCCER” provides our members and associations the best soccer in South Carolina. The SC Youth Soccer Board of Directors and staff continue to work diligently to ensure we are providing the best programs available and the best management possible to our members.