HOW TO BECOME A NEW CLUB
4) Certify a club registrar (Contact Nancy Shultz for information)
5) Submit names/locations of fields the club will be using for play/practice.
6) Have at least one "D" or higher level licensed coach in their club.
7) Have a plan in place to grow recreation upon acceptance (This will be evaluated each seasonal year to measure growth and compliance. Failure to make a "good faith" effort could result in denial of re-affiliation after any seasonal year audit.).
Club bylaws and affiliation forms will be reviewed by the Rules & Compliance Committee and approved or denied by the SC Youth Soccer Board of Directors.
1) The club president must attend the President’s Workshop. This meeting is always held the first Saturday in March. Further information can be found on this website SCYS Workshop.
2) All U7 and older age group coaches must have a coaching certificate or license. There is a one seasonal year grace period to become licensed if a coach has never coached for SC Youth Soccer before.
3) All coaches/managers/board members/volunteers must have a background check completed and an abuse training (Abuse Prevention Systems or SafeSport) certificate uploaded.
4) Fees for registration vary and can be found on the website under Administrative/Forms/Registrar Forms/SCYS Fee Sheet.
5) 60/40 Rule: New associations containing competitive teams (challenge and/or classic/academy), applying for membership into SCYSA must have a "60/40" split between recreation players and competitive players. Sixty percent (60%) of the players must be recreation, while no more than forty percent (40%) may be competitive. This applies to all Clubs applying for affiliation after the 2011-12 seasonal year. Any current member Club (2011-12) that either fails to maintain "good standing" or interrupts its membership by failing to re-affiliate in the future will be treated as a "new" club or organization and the 60/40 rule will apply. The new club must have a plan in place to grow recreation upon acceptance, which will be evaluated each seasonal year to measure growth and compliance. Failure to make a "good faith" effort could result in denial of re-affiliation after any seasonal year audit.
For further information contact the State Office:
Phone: 843-928-3677 email@example.com
Information about SC Youth Soccer
- NON-PROFIT 501C –3 ORGANIZATION
- ESTABLISHED 1977
- 20,000 PLAYERS / 3,000 COACHES & VOLUNTEERS
- VOLUNTEER BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- PAID STAFF – 5 FULL TIME / 2 PART TIME
- MEMBER OF US YOUTH SOCCER
US Youth Soccer www.usyouthsoccer.org
- LARGEST YOUTH SOCCER ORGANIZATION IN THE COUNTRY WITH APPROXIMATELY 3 MILLION REGISTERED MEMBERS
- MEMBERS ENTITLED TO RESOURCES AND PRIVILEGES
WHY SC YOUTH SOCCER
RISK MANAGEMENT – PROMOTE SAFETY / WELL-BEING OF MEMBERS
VOLUNTEER DISCLOSURES / CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- COACHES / ADMIN. / REFEREES OVER 18 YR. OLD
- NATIONAL CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK / NATIONAL SEX OFFENDERS REGISTRY CHECK
- ESTABLISHED MINIMUM GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
- HEARINGS AND DUE PROCESS FOR ANY ACCUSED
FIELD / GOAL SAFETY
- SOCCER GOAL ACCIDENT PREVENTION
- ALL GOALS PROPERLY INSPECTED AND ANCHORED
- FIELD / FACILITY SAFETY GUIDELINES
MEDICAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- COVERS ALL REGISTERED PLAYERS / COACHES
- COVERAGE FOR ALL SANCTIONED EVENTS
- SECONDARY POLICY OR PRIMARY IF NONE AVAILABLE
- $1000 DEDUCTABLE PER OCCURANCE
GENERAL LIABLITY INSURANCE
- 2 MILLION DOLLAR COVERABE LIMITS
- COVERAGE FOR ALL AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS
DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS INSURANCE
- 5 MILLION DOLLAR COVERAGE LIMITS
- COVERAGE FOR ALL AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS
CUPS & GAMES
PROVIDE SEASONAL LEAGUE COMPETITIONS FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS OF PLAY
- RECREATIONAL – LOCAL COMP.
- ACADEMY - LOCAL & STATEWIDE LEAGUES
- CLASSIC – LOCAL & STATEWIDE LEAGUES
- CHALLENGE – STATEWIDE & REGIONAL LEAGUES
YEAR END TOURNAMENTS TO DETERMINE CHAMPIONS AT ALL LEVELS OF COMPETITION
- KOHLS AMERICAN CUP – REC.
- FALL FESTIVAL - REC.
- PALMETTO JUNIOR ACADEMY CUP - JUNIOR ACADEMY
- OPEN CUP - CLASSIC 2
- PRESIDENTS MEDAL STATE CUP – CLASSIC I (WINNERS ADV. TO REGIONAL/NATIONAL COMPETIONS)
- BOB BRANTLEY STATECUP – CHALLENGE/PREMIER (WINNERS ADVANCE TO REGIONAL/NATIONAL COMPETITIONS)
TOURNAMENT HOSTING – FUND RAISING OPPORTUNITY
- MEMBER CLUBS ALLOWED TO HOST LOCAL TOURNAMENTS AND INVITE OTHER SCYS / USYS MEMBERS TO ATTEND.
MANDATORY LICENSE AND TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR ALL SC YOUTH SOCCER COACHES UNDER THE DIRECTION OF GREG VALLEE, SC YOUTH SOCCER TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
- SCYSA RECOGNIZES THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING QUALIFIED COACHES IN ALL OUR PROGRAMS
- ESSENTIAL - GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF PLAYERS
- LICENSE REQUIREMENTS BASED ON TEAMS LEVEL OF COMPETITION
OLYMPIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM - ODP
- TRYOUT PROCESS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS FOR PLACEMENT ON THE MOST COMPETITIVE TEAMS TO COMPETE – REG. – NAT.
- USSF CERTIFIED REFEREES REQUIRED FOR ALL MATCHES
- CERTIFIED REFEREE ASSIGNOR REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE ALL REFEREES